Antimicrobial Resistance: The dystopia of an unsustainable development model
Join us for a policy debate co-organized with SID, AMR Think-Do-Tank and Geneva Global Health Hub (G2H2).
Most conversations on Antimicrobial resistance blame patients or doctors for mishandling of antibiotics but this doesn't correspond to the systemic nature of the health crisis, the environment and the food chain. Attend our event as we unpack this further.
- 15.00 CET
- Garance Upham, President, AMR Think-Do-Tank, Geneva international
- Professor John Poté, PhD, Head of Environmental Microbiology Group, UNIGE, Geneva
- Dr Jane Kengeya-Kayondo, MD, former TDR-WHO Implementation Research & former Advisor Wellcome Trust Africa
- Cassandra L. Quave, PhD. Ethnobotanist, Associate Professor, Dept of Dermatology, Emory University, USA
- Cecilia Elizondo, Grupo Académico de Agroecología, Ecosur, Mexico
- Session moderator: Nicoletta Dentico, Global Health Justice Program, Society for International Development and co-chair Geneva Global Health Hub